Jira description editor is still using Jira markup for tables and it is really hard to copy paste complete tables from csv/excel to Jira.
There are online tools available to help with this manner by providing input where you copy table from excel and it produces Jira Markup table.
I have developed my own for these reasons:
- Security. My implementation does not send or store any data and is provided by secure webserver (https). You can evaluate this by monitoring server communication and inspecting the source code.
- Multiline support. My implementation uses PapaParse, that supports multiple lines in excel cell.
- Autodetect delimiter. PapaParse enables automatic detection of the input format.
- Copy to clipboard. When the conversion is done, script copies the output to clipboard automatically.
- No ads. No advertisement, just no.
You can check it out here: https://drndos.sk/csvtojira.html